Monday, March 28, 2011

Squaring Up!


There's nothing worse than losing a sale because you can't take credit.  Gone are the days of everyone writing checks.  Looking for a merchant account, card reading equipment and the rest would send me into a credit score panic.  Those days are gone too!  I got a Square!  Ok, I got the square ages ago but next month at Shop Crafty it will get its first real big road test.  

The Square works with your iPhone, iPad or Android phone, plugs into the headphone jack and turns your  device into a smart little cash register.  The tiny bit of card reading hardware and the account are free.  The account set up was easy and the transaction fees are a fair 2.75% of each transaction, compared to PayPal Virtual Terminal which has a $30.00 per month charge and a 3.1% + .30 charge per transaction.  At the end of each selling day I receive an email with my totals and the next day they are deposited into my bank account.  It's love.  Easy, card swipey, never turning away a sale again, love.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I have been researching how to take cards on road and this sounds amazing. I was going to go the PayPal route but it was a last resort. I didn't want to pay those extremely high prices. I am signing up for a square right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will not regret it! I love it! I actually ordered a backup which arrived today, my first square was the first one they released and version 2.0 is even better- first swipe worked like a charm!

    ReplyDelete