Friday, March 25, 2011

What I've learned so far. (Day 3 of my Flickr Show Me Your Booth Obsession)

Holland Fabric House booth

This photo is amazing, inspiring and just generally delicious. It's from Holland Fabric House and they have an equally delicious website.

I'm learning, after thousands of photos, that color is good.  I'm going to make friends with color.

But more importantly I'm learning that styrofoam heads and, really heads of any kind, are bad.  Think long and hard before you place a disarticulated head in your display.  I'm not going to post cautionary pictures unless they're of my own mistakes because everyone is trying really hard to put together their best presentation- I'm just going to tell you what I'm learning.  No heads.  No heads with faces.  There are a few vintage style heads that you mayyyyy be able to get away with if you're a milliner but even then, it's a close call.

Styrofoam heads though, bad news.  No.  Just- no.

2 comments: